School meals information/Menu
Our school meals are cooked fresh every day in our own kitchen by our lovely chef, Emma.
Meals cost just £2.37 each, and must be paid for in advance daily, weekly, monthly or termly. The current menu is available to download at the bottom of this page.
Our school dinners provider is Caterlink. As well as using the produce grown by the children in our own school gardens and polytunnels, their standards include:
- Farm assured meat, including pork, beef burgers and sausages
- Fresh beef and mince
- MSC responsibly sourced fish
- Free-range eggs
- Fairtrade sugar & bananas
- No undesirable additives or artificial trans fats
The following are available daily:
- Fresh salad platter
- Freshly baked bread
- Fresh fruit
- Vegetarian option
- Jacket potatoes with a range of fillings available Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday
For more information on Food for Life, click this link
Free School Meals
Free school meals are available to all children in KS1 (Reception, Year 1 and Year 2), as well as some children according to family income.
Registering your child for free school meals does not mean that they have to have a school meal every day, or at all. It does however ensure that the school receives it's share of pupil premium funding, which is worth up to £1300 per child per year, and provides vital extra resources for schools to spend on improving educational outcomes for your child, as well as many other benefits including free music lessons. So, it is important to register for entitlement to free school meals, even if your child has a packed lunch.
Entitlement to free school meals is confidential, and no-one need know that your child is receiving a free meal. The provision remains in place for as long as your child continues to attend school in Cornwall and you continue to be entitled to one of the qualifying benefits listed below.
Children are entitled to Free School Meals if their parents, carers or guardians receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-Based Jobseeker's Allowance (not contribution based)
- Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance (not contribution based)
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (CTC) with an annual income (as shown on your award letter from the Inland Revenue - TC602) of no more than £16,190
- Support via Part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999 (IAA)
- Universal Credit
- Please note, if you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit, you do not qualify.
To find out if your child qualifies for free school meals, and for any help or advice, fill in the form on the Cornwall Council website or contact the office in confidence.