St Kew has a Safeguarding Team made up of 2 staff and 1 Governor. The Designated Safeguarding Leads:
- Ensure safeguarding is at the heart of the school ethos and that all staff are supported in knowing how to recognise and respond to potential concerns.
- are fully aware of all safeguarding issues especially ongoing enquiries and police investigations
- Liaise with the local authority case manager or the designated officer at the local authority, as required, if a concern has arisen regarding a member of staff
- Liaise with staff on matters of safety and safeguarding and when deciding whether to make a referral by liaising with relevant agencies
- Act as a source of support, advice and expertise for staff.
The staff who make up the Safeguarding Team are: